SecDSM Scholarship Details
As SecDSM teams win Black/Uber Badges at conference, we use them to send other people to conferences.
After filling out the application below, the applicant will be contacted to arrange a meeting.
The objective of the scholarship are primarily:
- Educate SecDSM members by sending them to conferences
- Allow SecDSM members, that would not otherwise by able to attend, a chance to attend a conference
- Provide the opportunity to network with peers
- Must be a SecDSM member (see our Bylaws)
- The Scholarship covers only the use of the Black/Uber badge. No other costs, travel, hotel, food or anything else are considered covered by this scholarship.
- Preference will be given to those contributing to SecDSM by volunteering, speaking, etc.
- The scholarship currently covers only the cost of the ticket.
- Expected to travel and lodge with other SecDSM members.
- Applicants can be accepted only once.
- Those accepted to the scholarship, should be prepared to speak or write about their experience.
- If a conference has no applicants, The Board will determine the best use for a ticket
- All applicants will be kept confidential
- SecDSM Board Members and those involved in reviewing applications are not eligible
- Applicants will be notified no less than two months before the start of the conference.